The Apeks XL4 is a compact, lightweight regulator suitable for diving in all environments including cold water locations. Its design and low weight help reduce jaw fatigue on long dives. The XL4 also makes an ideal stage regulator, perfect for the technical exploration diver with a large amount of equipment. The XL4 is a high performance option for those technical divers serious about weight savings.
Features & Benefits
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
||Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
||1 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||4 (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Convertible LH or RH
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
||Standard, one set
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores
||Avg. 0.90 joules/liter
||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.
|XL4 Regulator (DIN/YOKE)
|Stage 3 Set
|Stage 4 Set