The MTX regulator was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit (NEDU) extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the MTX regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the market can boast.
With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the MTX is reliable, rugged and mission ready.
Features & Benefits
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
||Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
||2 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||5 (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Satin chrome or Black PVD
||Convertible LH or RH
||Yes - extreme
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
||Diver Changeable - one set supplied
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.