To lead and drive the company’s purchasing and procurement requirements through systematic, effective and strategic purchasing management which are aligned to group policies and projects. Be the primary interface between the Company and its Suppliers this Senior position reports to the Manufacturing Operations Manager and Group Purchasing Director
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Conduct effective and well developed negotiations
- Source new / alternative materials, components, products and sub-contracted processes
- React to changes by analysing buying patterns and sales forecasts
- Be an active member of the Aqua Lung Group Global Purchasing Team and taking lead role in appropriate categories
- Perform contract reviews with all stakeholders
- Completing supplier visits for purposes of appraisals, vendor rating and quality management.
- Procurement related risk assessments
- Working alongside departmental managers to identify improvements in cost, quality, supply chain and processes.
The successful candidate will require:
- CIPS level 4 or above
- Significant experience (three years minimum) in purchasing in a senior role
- Project Planning Experience
- Good background in engineering & manufacturing environment
- Technical understanding & capabilities
- Proven Cost analysis experience
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective and well developed negotiation skills
- To be able to provide full support for new product development projects
- Attention to detail
- Competence with excel and comfortable with advanced functions and formulas.
- Good understanding of contract law
- Must be willing and able to work with group affiliates and travel internationally when required.
8.00am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday
8.00am – 1.30pm Fridays
Digital Marketing Assistant
The successful applicant will be a creative and hardworking individual, a switched on marketer who can understand our brand’s audiences and help to keep us ahead of the latest digital and social media trends. This is a great opportunity to help shape the way we look and communicate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- • Implement and grow the following and engagement across all the Aqua Lung UK social media channels
• Responsible for the development of all content for the social and digital platforms
• Manage the Social Media calendar for each brand and liaise with the Sales Team and PR agency (to synchronise messaging)
• Completion of monthly activity and evaluation reports
• Think creatively and develop new design ideas, concepts and campaigns for use across social media/ websites/ PR
• Track competitor activity
• Investigate social platforms that support and improve social media growth and metric evaluation
• Creating exciting email marketing campaigns for B2B and B2C customers.
• Monitor organic search rankings and regularly optimise all websites to increases organic traffic.
• Implement general website maintenance and update as and when required.
• Attend various events to build content and develop relationships with consumers
• Support general marketing activities when required
What you need to succeed:
- • Relevant marketing qualification and a desire to gain experience in digital marketing.
• Good knowledge of all social media channels, WordPress, Joomla, Google Adwords and Analytics
• An understanding Adobe Design Suite is desirable.
• Proficient in English writing and communication
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Good organisation skills
• Passion for swimming, triathlon or scuba diving (desirable)
Some travel and weekend work will be required.
Reporting into: Marketing Manager
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 (8.30am-5pm Monday – Thursday, 8.30am-2pm Fridays)
Development & Production Support Engineer
The job holder will be fully responsible for provision of engineering support to all areas of the business to continually improve methods and processes, while increasing quality, repeatability and maintainng high business standards.
Main duties to include:
- To set and operate CNC milling and turning machines using 3D CAD/CAM.
- Study, design, build and improve capable process engineering within the business, which includes Automated and Manual methods.
- To validate the engineering success of improvement for both new and existing products and processes.
- New Product Development, the introduction of new products and cost reduction projects.
- To be innovative and creative and realise the objectives of the designer or brief by producing parts and prototypes by whatever means necessary.
- To develop new capable production techniques and methods to accurately produce new products and designs in line with the prototypes and design intent.
- To design, build and setup meaningful and purposeful tests and test rigs within ethical and health and safety legislation and requirements. To interpret, evaluate and act upon the results and data.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent and Pro-active Problem Solver.
- Be an excellent all round CNC Machinist with CAD/CAM and conversational programming.
- Hold a Mechatronics or Production Engineering Qualification, preferable Diploma or above. (or working towards one)
- Have experience working with Lean Manufacturing Tools and Techniques.
- Has a good understanding of instrumentation and controls which includes pneumatics.
- Methodical and Analytical.
- An excellent eye for detail.
- Be able to use Solidworks CAD to 3d print.
- Time served apprenticeship is a requirement of the role.
Permanent, full time. Role based in Blackburn UK. Day shift
Solidworks Mechanical Draughtsperson
Reporting to the Design & Development Supervisor, the job holder will be fully responsible for providing technical design expertise to develop world class levels of performance and customer satisfaction through responsive team working, utilising lean tools and techniques for continuous improvement of both process and products.
Main duties to include:
- Day to day upkeep and improvement of Drawing Office Management and drawing standards.
- Seeing through investigation and validation of Design and Drawing change requests for approval and implementation, whilst liaising with the design department to obtain a clear specification and expectation.
- Assisting all departments in the timely resolution of Technical Quality issues and problems.
- To highlight and be proactive with continuous improvements by improving design of parts and products to assist with the ease of manufacture, ease of assembly and cost reduction programs.
- Attending or leading continuous improvement, efficiency, quality and manufacturing reviews and closure of actions in an expected timely manner.
- Full job description available upon request.
The successful candidate will:
- Experience with SolidWorks & Microsoft Office in a working environment.
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience (mechanical products).
- Be a time served competent engineer with a hands-on approach.
- Minimum qualification of ONC in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrate detail and exact engineering draughting skills.
- Experience within production environments.
- Ability to perform basic engineering calculations.
- Can demonstrate problem solving.
- Willing or able to Dive.
- SolidWorks operator.
- Continuous Improvement / Lean manufacturing exposure.
- Knowledge of world-class manufacturing best practices.
- Knowledge of quality tools & techniques in a production environment including, Lean, 6 sigma, 5S.
- Process improvement experience.
- Knowledge of pressure systems or valves or the marine environment would be a distinct advantage.