The XTX Tungsten is built on the XTX200 platform but is protected with a hard, durable Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) finish. This “tough as nails” finish is better than traditional chrome plating. The coating is made of high quality grades of Titanium, Zirconium and Chromium. The result not only looks extremely attractive, but protects your investment from normal diving abuse. Now for 2018, the XTX Tungsten is supplied complete with a 5th port.
Features & Benefits
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
An optional 5th port is available for additional hose routing. The 5th port also has with the additional bonus of an integrated heat exchanger (Tungsten, XTX200 and XTX100 first stages only).
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- FSR first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Also available with a DS4 Tungsten.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
||Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
||2 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||4 with 5th port option (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Coating
||Convertible LH or RH
|Type of second stage
|Opening Effort Control Knob
|Integrated Venturi Lever
||Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores
||Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.
|XTX Tungsten Yoke or DIN (2018 VERSION)
|XTX Tungsten Yoke or DIN + swivel hose
|XTX Tungsten/XTX40 stage 3 Yoke or DIN
|XTX Tungsten stage 4 Yoke or DIN